|Highest altitude||Approximately 1524 meters Kirtipur|
|Lowest Altitude||Approximately 1310 meters Kathmandu|
|Total Days||1 day|
|Difficulty||Easy and Interesting|
|Activity||Old City Tours|
|Best Season||All season throughout the year|
The old city tour programme offers golden chance to float on traditional and pristine Newari culture, religion, festival and explore the historically and archaeologically valuable world heritage site. The sightseeing tour of old city kirtipur and Bhaktapur is best moment to view and admire natural and traditional pastoral lifestyle of local inhabitants.
Grab moment to rewind history on old city tour exploring the old city Bhaktapur and Kirtipur that has contributed on Nepalese history pages with notable and estimable histories. Bhaktapur; Newar city adorned with art, sculpture and tradition reflecting via wooden carvings, handicrafts, inscripted stone walls and epitaph. And Kirtipur; glorious city showcasing shielded culture, architectural beauties and prideful history on enchanting and ancient atmosphere.
- Our guide meets you at hotel and directs you to Bhaktapur city on private vehicle after breakfast at 8:30 am.
- With thirty minutes’ drive, we reach the destination Bhaktapur city and spend maximum two hours to indulge on beauty of preserved palace, courtyards, rich culture, temples and wood, metal, stone artworks with taste of special Juju dhau, king of yogurts.
- Then return to Kathmandu city and move to Kirtipur city five kilometers southeast of Kathmandu, renowned for pristine Newari lifestyle with their own language and cultural norms and values.
- We consume almost two hours wandering on brick paved streets of Kirtipur for architectural beauty of Baghbhairav temple, Chilancho stupa, Adinath temple, Uma Maheshwor temple etc.
- We have lunch at one of the Newari restaurants in Kirtipur for local Newari cuisine.
- We return back to Kathmandu and drop you at hotel at 4 pm.
Note: We customize itineraries as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
- Guided tour of old city Kirtipur and Bhaktapur
- Admire traditional and pristine Newari culture, religion, festival
- Beautiful sightseeing tour close to Kathmandu city
- Enjoy the sweet flavor of local curd Juju dhau
- Incredulous view of durbar square with many temples, religious square and royal place holding 55 artistic windows.
- Big bell on durbar square venue used for calling assembly or any insurgency during medieval period.
- Stone or metal pillar on palace with metal statue of royal king attached on it.
- Numerous statues and idols are in scripted decoratively on stone art in front of durbar square and religious temple.
- Important historical evidence can be found that are in scripted on stone bulks.
- Picture of Nepali artistic decoratively carving pure and original thanka art with melodious tone of artistic tool can be seen and thanka art is exported all over the world.
- Bhakatpur was the only city for many centuries before 15th century, and annexed by prithivinarayan shah in 1826.
- Glorious history on art, culture, rituals social custom dates from 1099 A.D.
- Glance on capable work of skilled Nepalese artists creating antique textile and other handicrafts.
- Appealing scene of complete landscape of Kathmandu valley.
- Explore local tradition roaming on brick paved streets of Kirtipur.
- Bagh Bhairav temple featuring armory of swords and shields used during war time.
- Kirtipur city annexed by king prithivi Narayan in 1767 on third attempt.
- Our guide meets you at hotel at 8 am and you could gain pre-information on planned tour. Then we leave the hotel after breakfast.
- Our tour begins with the trip to Bhaktapur city on thirty minutes’ drive and spend maximum two hours to engross on beauty of preserved palace, courtyards, rich culture, temples on Bhaktapur city named as city of devotees.
Bhaktapur, city of devotees well-known not only for graceful art and culture, but also richness of Newari tradition, age-old festivals and their skills on woodcarvings and handicrafts. Restored city for historical significance and pristine architectural beauty, though close to Kathmandu city. The major attractions are Bhaktapur durbar square, golden gate, 55 windows palace, Dattatraya temple and Changunarayan temple. It is also famous for Juju dhau (local curd)
- Then return to Kathmandu city and heads to Kirtipur city renowned for anti-monarchy ethos since ancient period.
- We consume maximum two hours roaming on brick paved streets of Kirtipur city to blend with local culture, religion and festival along visit to Baghbhairav, Chilancho, Adinath temple etc.
Kirtipur city tour would be mesmerizing sightseeing tour to gain flavor of traditional and pure Newari lifestyle with their own language and cultural norms and values, untouched by modern lifestyle of Kathmandu city. Kirtipur town lying on single piece of stone is recorded as ancient capital of Nepal, later conquered by king Prithvi Narayan on third attempt to merge on kingdom of Nepal. It would be remarkable tour for visiting BaghBhairav, holy place for both Hindus and Buddhist, Adinath temple and Chlanchu Bihar.
- We have lunch at one of Newari restaurants of Kirtipur city to get flavor of local Newari cuisine.
- We drop you to hotel at 4 pm.
We could customize our itineraries as per your interest to adjust your specific requirements.
The Cost Includes:
- Airport and hotel pick up and drop up by tourist vehicle
- Transportation by air conditioned private tourist vehicle
- English speaking tour guide /hostess
- All permits and entrance fee along with government tax and office expenses
- Special Nepalese dinner and cultural show at Nepalese restaurant or homestay
- City map
The Cost Excludes:
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Items of personal nature
- Tips for guide and driver (tipping is expected)
Accommodation: You would be provided facility to stay at cozy Nepalese homestay Nagarjun homestay enjoying time with host families. You would be offered facilities of hot water, western toilets, electricity television, free WIFI and free mountain bike to use for travel around Kathmandu.
Meal: You would be offered breakfast, Nepali dinner on friendly environment blending with host families on homestay. You would be served organic food cooked emphasizing on hygiene in terms of water and cooking method.