|Highest altitude||Approximately 2100 meters Kapan Monastery|
|Lowest Altitude||Approximately 1310 meters Kathmandu|
|Total Days||1 day|
|Difficulty||Easy and Interesting|
|Activity||Kapan Monastery tour|
|Best Season||All season throughout the year|
|Group Size||Minimum two to Maximum Fifteen|
Kapan monastery, sacred and pious site, founded by Lama Thubten Yeshe; who died in 1984 to reincarnate himself on young Spanish boy, Osel Torres in form of Lama Rimpoche.
Kapan monastery perched at the hill top north of Boudhanath in the foothills of himalayas, is 15 km distant from Kathmandu city and accessible through 40 minutes’ walk from Boudhanath. The attractive beauty of scriptures carved stones, artistic statues, embellished wooden logs chairs and meditation halls makes hiking memorable.
Kapan monastery confers peaceful moment to cultivate positive thought on calm, solemn and relaxing place with courses on Buddhism and meditation as well as magical vision of Kathmandu valley from every corner of monastery.
Day one: Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- Our guide meets you at hotel and drive to Kapan monastery after having breakfast at 8 am
- With maximum thirty minutes’ drive and forty minutes’ hike, arrive at pious place monastery.
- Spend maximum two hours along lunch at the hotel of monastery at 12 pm
- Descend from hill and drive back to hotel at 4 pm
Day three: We drive you to airport on the basis of your scheduled flight
Note: We customize itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
- Guided tour to sacred site Kapan monastery
- Vision of attractive scriptures carved stones, artistic statues
- Facility of meditation
- Founded by lama Thubten Yeshe purchasing property from Nepalese royal astrologer, renowned for Buddhist psychology and philosophy.
- Monastery establishments myth, inspirational source for bernando bertoluccis film.
- A place on the hill where Kathmandu is seen as nice as meditation is there by Buddhists method and knowing history, principal in ritual of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Our guide picks up you at hotel and drives to pious place Kapan monastery at 8 am after breakfast
- We will arrive at monastery through forty minutes’ walk to enjoy the spectacular scene of Kathmandu valley, Boudha and all monasteries nearby.
- We spend maximum two hours at Kapan monastery with lunch at hotel of monastery at 12 pm and visit the library for Buddhism books and stop at the gift shops for few souvenirs
- We get down from hill and drive back to hotel at 4 pm
- We drive you to airport on the basis of your prepared flight.
We customize itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
The Cost Includes:
- Airport and hotel pick up and drop up by tourist vehicle
- Transportation by air conditioned private tourist vehicle
- English speaking tour guide /hostess
- All permits and entrance fee along with government tax and office expences
- Special Nepalese dinner and cultural show at Nepalese restaurant or homestay
- City map
The Cost Excludes:
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Items of personal nature
- Tips for guide and driver (tipping is expected)
Accommodation: You would be provided facility to stay at cozy Nepalese homestay Nagarjun homestay enjoying time with host families. You would be offered facilities of hot water, western toilets, electricity television, free WIFI and free mountain bike to use for travel around Kathmandu.
Meal: You would be offered breakfast, Nepali dinner on friendly environment blending with host families on homestay. You would be served organic food cooked emphasizing on hygiene in terms of water and cooking method.