|Highest altitude||Approximately 2551 meters Chandragiri Hills|
|Lowest Altitude||Approximately 1310 meters Kathmandu|
|Total Days||1 day|
|Difficulty||Easy and interesting|
|Activity||Durbar squares visit|
|Best Season||All season throughout the year|
The excursion of durbar squares of Kathmandu valley with Narayanhiti museum managed by the Everest holiday, would be innovative way of peeping into royal art, culture and lifestyle. The tour is best opportunity to grab information on medieval kingdoms, its richness on art, architecture and culturally, historically valuable statues and temples. The trip not only showcases the belongings and lifestyles of former royal kings but also decorated wooden carved, statues, handicrafts.
Durbar squares place of respective palaces and temples unfolds spectacular legacy of traditional architecture with sensation of huge primitive and medieval city. The glimpse of artistically crafted buildings with archaeological value embellished with intricate woodcarvings makes durbar square visit awesome giving feeling of rewinding the time frame.
- Our guide meets you at hotel and drives you Kathmandu Durbar square at 8 am after breakfast and give you information on historical and archaeological value of temples and statues for one hour.
- Then, trip moves to Bhaktapur durbar square 15 kilometers from Kathmandu city and spend one and half hour observing medieval architecture, wooden carved handicrafts and get flavor of Juju dhau, king of yogurt in Newari language that has ritual significance originated during ancient Malla era.
- Tour leads to Patan durbar square, cultural site, oldest of all three cities of Kathmandu valley and prosperous city since ancient period popular for embellished wooden carved statues and bronze statues.
- We have lunch at hotel of Patan durbar square with taste of local Newari cuisine, culture at 12pm.
- Return back to Kathmandu city for Narayanhiti museum and spend minimum one-hour viewing belongings of former royalty, that has 52 rooms called sadan and are named after 75 districts of Nepal.
- We will return back to hotel at 4 pm.
Note: We customize our itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
- Guided tour of famous world heritage site of Durbar squares
- Vision of culturally, historically valuable statues and temples
- Peep into royal art, culture and lifestyle
- Incredulous view of durbar square with many temples, religious square and royal place holding 55 artistic windows.
- Big bell on durbar square venue used for calling assembly or any insurgency during medieval period.
- Stone or metal pillar on palace with metal statue of royal king attached on it.
- Numerous statues and idols are in scripted decoratively on stone art in front of durbar square and religious temple.
- Important historical evidence can be found that are in scripted on stone bulks.
- Picture of Nepali artist decoratively carving pure and original thanka art with melodious tone of using tool can be seen and thanka art is exported all over the world.
- Bhakatpur was the only city for many centuries before 15th century, and annexed by prithivinarayan shah in 1826.
- Stunning display of Newari architecture sculpture constructed particularly on mid of 16th century
- Trade demonstrating superior handicraft, local pottery and local musical instruments.
- Royal place of 15th century converted to museum that showcases world class gallery of Newari stone and wood sculpture and architecture.
- Visual carvings in scripted of pillar of Krishna mandir or temple can be seen, first floor carving story is related Mahabharata, second floor carving are sourced to Ramayana.
- Main shrine of first floor belongs to lord Krishna, Radha and Rukmini. Whereas shrines of lord Shiva are in second and on the third, shrines of Buddha are kept.
- The Krishna temple was built on the spot where lord Krishna and Radha came to seen standing on his nightmare and with reverence on lord Krishna and Radha, temple with 21 metal pinnacle was built on the front of durbar.
- Bhimsen temple, dedicated to Bhimsen, the great warrior of Mahabharata, built in 1680.
- Renowned five story taleju bhawani temple with triple roofs.
- Many devotees of Krishna flock to Krishna mandir to celebrate birthday of lord Krishna on Krishna janma asthami.
- Our guide meets you at the hotel at 8 am and you could gain pre-information on tour. Then we leave the hotel after breakfast.
- Our guide drives you to Kathmandu durbar square to immerse on the adorned beauty of historically, archaeologically crucial temples, statues, palaces along Kumarighar, KalBhairav for one hour.
Kathmandu Durbar Square named as Basantpur, hub of culture, tradition, religion is a historical site that embraces palaces and courtyards of old Malla and Shah Kings dates back from 14 to 15 centuries onwards. Recognized as World Heritage site by UNESCO, Durbar square myriad of cultural, historical, religious valuable statues, temples, is formed by three loosely linked squares: south Basantpur, main durbar square and northeast Hanuman dhoka, museums and temples. The main focal point of this site is KalBhairav statue, Hanuman dhoka palace and museum, JaisiDewal etc.
- Then trip moves to Bhaktapur durbar square on one-hour drive on road midst of green meadows and fields. We spend one and half hours exploring Nepal’s art, culture and tradition gem with flavor of Juju dhau, king of yogurt in Newari language that has ritual significance originated during ancient Malla era.
Bhaktapur durbar square, gem of Nepal’s culture, art, tradition well-known as museum of medieval art and architecture, is located in Bhaktapur (city of devotees), 15 km distance from Kathmandu city. Durbar square famous for mingling of Pagoda and Shikhar style temples is in World Heritage site of UNESCO. The place recognized for golden gate; entrance to 55 windows palace, taleju temple and Nyatpole temple; highest brick temple, along with Juju dhau (sweet curd) is untouched by modern city lifestyles. It is also famous for wooden carved handicrafts
- Our guide directs you to Patan durbar square and spend two hours having lunch at the hotel of durbar square viewing recreational beauty of adorned wooden carved statues and bronze statues on cultural site, oldest of all three cities of Kathmandu valley.
Patan durbar square categorized as cultural site on UNESCO’s World Heritage site is center of Hindu and Buddhist culture. The place mélange of Newari culture, tradition, architecture is oldest of all three cities of Kathmandu valley is embellished with wooden carved statues and bronze statues. It is the oldest Buddhist city famous for 4 stupas built by great emperor Ashoka. The residence of Patan royal family in medieval period is also renowned for 21 pinnacles Krishna mandir built on 17 centuries.
- Return back to Kathmandu city to enchant on Narayanhiti’s museum beauty that embraces not only belongings of former royalty but also 52 rooms called sadan and named after 75 districts of Nepal for one-hour.
Narayanhiti museum designed on contemporary pagoda, main residence of Nepalese monarchy for century until 2008, later changed into museum exhibits belongings of former royalty. The horrible and notorious incident of royal massacre occurred on June 2001 on this palace.
- We drop you at hotel at 4 pm
We customize our itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
The Cost Includes:
- Airport and hotel pick up and drop up by tourist vehicle
- Transportation by air conditioned private tourist vehicle
- English speaking tour guide /hostess
- All permits and entrance fee along with government tax and office expenses
- Special Nepalese dinner and cultural show at Nepalese restaurant or homestay
- City map
The Cost Excludes:
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Items of personal nature
- Tips for guide and driver (tipping is expected)
Accommodation: You would be provided facility to stay at cozy Nepalese homestay Nagarjun homestay enjoying time with host families. You would be offered facilities of hot water, western toilets, electricity television, free WIFI and free mountain bike to use for travel around Kathmandu.
Meal: You would be offered breakfast, Nepali dinner on friendly environment blending with host families on homestay. You would be served organic food cooked emphasizing on hygiene in terms of water and cooking method.