|Highest altitude||Approximately 1440 meters Swoyambhunath temple|
|Lowest Altitude||Approximately 1310 meters Kathmandu|
|Total Days||1 day|
|Best Season:||All season throughout year|
|Difficulty:||Easy and Interesting|
The perfect way of perceiving sensational beauty of Nature and richness of culture within short span will be day tour programs, launched by ‘The Everest Holiday’ that covers visit on cultural, religious, historically significant and sparklingly beautiful tourist’s hub with most exciting activities. The day tour programs are aimed for art and nature enthusiasts to ignite passion for natural beauty with the vision of breath-taking, eye-pleasing beauty in addition with religious, cultural and historical insights and UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.
Kathmandu day tour gives close glimpse of Kathmandu Valley that embraces the fusion of various cultures, traditions, rituals of different ethnic communities at its heart. Tour to Kathmandu valley gives feeling of floating on the ocean of culture, architecture and history.
One day Kathmandu tour covers five places Swoyambhu, Kathmandu durbar square, Ason market, Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath.
- Our guide meets you at the hotel at 8 AM and you will leave the hotel after breakfast
- It takes around fifteen minutes to twenty minutes to reach Swoyambhunath, at the elevation of 1360 meters from sea level and spend forty- five minutes on Swoyambhu, then return back to Kathmandu Durbar square via same route.
- We have lunch at the hotel of Basantpur durbar square with majestic sight of statues, temples, palaces for thirty minutes.
- Then our tour leads to Ason market and enjoy awesome beauty of local, traditional and oldest Nepali market for one-hour.
- Our guide drives you to another famous World Heritage site, Pashupatinath; dedicated to Shiva taking thirty minutes. Immerse on the purity, sanctity and beauty of pious site for forty- five minutes.
- Then move to eastwards for Boudhanath on fifteen minutes’ drive, enjoy the solemn environment of sacred Tibetan Buddhist shrine for forty- five minutes.
- Our guide will drop you at the hotel.
Note: We customize itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
- Guided city tour to Kathmandu
- Visit on cultural, religious, historically significant site
- Explore the mystic beauty of UNESCO’S world heritage site
- Kumari ghar is residence place of living goddess kumari
- Vision of Huge stone statues of Kal Bhairav, ferocious form of lord Shiva.
- Charming Jagannath temple with erotic carvings are perfectly seen.
- Pasupatinath temple of lord Shiva, most pious Hindu shrine in the world.
- Renowned Swoyambhunath was visited by great Indian emperor Ashoka 2000 years ago.
- The famous city Kathmandu is named as city of temples, which inherits more than 130 monuments.
- Ason center of trade between Nepal and Tibet during medieval period
- Famous Pasupatinath temple constructed on 1696, thereafter renovated several periods and occasion.
- Enormous brass statue of Nandi, vehicle of lord Shiva is erected at the gate of temple.
- Sacred cremation ghat on the bank of holy Bagmati river.
- Where funeral process of Nepalese tradition can be seen each day and the body is thus ceased on fire by wood.
- Enchanting vision of lights and more than hundred thousand devotee’s presence on shivaratri festival for day and night, which you should not miss if you have come here by the way on April.
- Our guide meets you at the hotel at 8 am, you could get pre-information on planned tour. Then we will leave the hotel after breakfast.
- Our well managed one-day tour begins from hotel on private vehicle and moves to Swoyambhunath that takes fifteen to twenty minutes to reach the location and forty-five minutes on Swoyambhunath.
Swoyambhunath, UNESCO’S World Heritage site, holy shrine of Buddhist religions is also known as monkey temple gives lustrous sensation experience of ancient, decorated carvings. The oldest Buddhist temple, resides on the top of the hill, west of Kathmandu, accessed by ascending the 365 ancient stone steps along the forest. Swoyambhunath means self-created,outside temple established by great grandfather of King Mandev on 5 centuries and major renovation take place on 2010 is glorified with the presence of The Stupa, Harati temple, Shantipur (palace of peace).
- We return back from Swoyambhu via same route and head to Kathmandu durbar square and have lunch at the hotel of durbar square at 12 pm. Then we spend maximum one-hour exploring world heritage site along Kumarighar, Kalbhairav and observing the handicrafts, metal statues that local vendors asks you to buy.
Kathmandu Durbar Square named as Basantpur, hub of culture, tradition, religion is a historical site that encompasses palaces and courtyards of old Malla and Shah Kings dates back from 14 to 15 centuries onwards. Recognized as World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Durbar square myriad of cultural, historical, religious valuable statues, temples, is formed by three loosely linked squares: south Basantpur, main durbar square and northeast Hanuman dhoka, museums and temples. The main focal point of this site is KalBhairav statue, Hanuman dhoka palace and museum, JaisiDewal etc.
- Tour leads to Ason market wandering on the narrow brick paved streets perceiving the smell of traditional Nepali spices and incense with vision of traditional local culture.
Ason is heart of old Kathmandu, historical location in the city famed not only for extremely large variety of shopping that covers foodstuffs, spices to electronics, but also traditional and cultural Newari lifestyle. Ason is fascinating spot to wander for tourists for sensational sights in connection with religious intoxication by observing Annapurna temple, Ganesh shrine, Narayan shrine
- Our guide drives to famous sacred site Pashupatinath, taking maximum thirty minutes. We spend forty-five minutes on Pashupati observing golden colored temple, woodcarving, numerous Shivalingas along gaining information on historical and religious significance of this site by our guide.
Pashupatinath famous World Heritage site is center of purity, sanctity and Hindu spiritual energy. Pashupatinath dedicated to Shiva is golden colored two storey pagoda temple along with silver plated doors and wood carving, is on the bank of Bagmati river. Though the temple was built in 5 centuries, but renovated by art enthusiasts during various period. On the month of April, Pashupati has the special festival of Shivaratri, millions of devotees and naked saints flock to Pashupati from subcontinent for prayer, worship as well as to purify their souls. This place is also taken as smoker’s heaven
- Then we head to eastwards for Boudhanath on fifteen minutes’ drive and spend forty-five minutes on world heritage site viewing aesthetic beauty of maroon clad Tibetan Buddhist monks and nuns moving around peaceful environment.
Boudhanath, Lord of wisdom, sacred Tibetan Buddhist shrine outside Tibet is on 8 kilometers eastern part of Kathmandu city. The largest stupa in Nepal, built on 14 centuries is hub for meditation and pilgrimage for Buddhists. Visit to UNESCO’s World Heritage site of terrific size and unique form that has base on myths and legends along with vision of maroon clad Tibetan Buddhist monks and nuns walking around Bouddhanath makes eye pleasing, breath taking and awe inspiring. It is nicknamed as little Tibet in Kathmandu as it has the highest residents of Tibetan refugees.
- We return back from Boudhanath and our guide will drop you at the hotel at 5 pm.
We customize itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
The Cost Includes:
- Airport and hotel pick up and drop up by tourist vehicle
- Transportation by air conditioned private tourist vehicle
- English speaking tour guide /hostess
- All permits and entrance fee along with government tax and office expenses
- Special Nepalese dinner and cultural show at Nepalese restaurant or homestay
- City map
The Cost Excludes:
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Items of personal nature
- Tips for guide and driver (tipping is expected)
Accommodation: You would be provided facility to stay at cozy Nepalese homestay Nagarjun homestay enjoying time with host families. You would be offered facilities of hot water, western toilets, electricity television, free WIFI and free mountain bike to use for travel around Kathmandu.
Meal: You would be offered breakfast, Nepali dinner on friendly environment blending with host families on homestay. You would be served organic food cooked emphasizing on hygiene in terms of water and cooking method.