|Lowest Altitude||Approximately 827 meters Pokhara|
|Highest Altitude||Approximately 5416 meters Thorong la pass|
|Activities||Cultural Trek to Jomsom Muktinath|
|Duration||5 Days Trip, 9 Days trek|
|Start-End||Kathmandu-Pokhara-Jomsom- Thorong la pass-Muktinath-Jomsom -Pokhara|
|Group Size||Minimum two to Maximum Fifteen|
|Best Season||March-May, September-November|
|Cost||$850 per person|
Jomsom cultural trek, popular for Himalayan biodiversity and typical hospitality showered by Thakali community residents of Kali Gandaki river valley, chance to explore age-old Buddhist culture with spellbinding vision of snowcapped Himalayan peaks.
Jomsom cultural trek lands you to Annapurna region crossing deepest gorge Kali Gandaki, region popular for unique Thakali culture; transitional zone between Tibetan Buddhist culture and Hindu culture. The trek over the trail running midst of village collage of antique houses made of slate stones with flat roofs on backdrop of snow clad mountains along sanctifying visit to graceful Muktinath; god of salvation, makes trek implausible.
Day One: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day Two: Depart from Kathmandu for six hours drive to Pokhara.
Day Three: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom, then approximately three hours’ trek from Jomsom to Kagbeni
Day Four: We gradually uphill on our fours trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath.
Day Five: We ascend to Thorong top for sparkling vision of snowpeaks and return to Muktinath.
Day Six: We leave Muktinath and cross Kagbeni moving on sloppy trail to Jomsom.
Day Seven: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara which takes thirty-five minutes.
Day Eight: Return to Kathmandu from Pokhara on seven hours’ drive.
Day Nine: We drive you to airport on the basis of your scheduled flight.
Note: We customize itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
You will be warmly welcomed by our representative at Tribhuwan International Airport and transferred to hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara
We set out for Pokhara; natural paradise embellished with nature’s treasure that lies 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu on six hours’ drive. We can enjoy breathtaking vision of terraced rice field, eye appealing landscape and serene Trisuli and Marsyandi river on our drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Day 03: Pokhara to Jomsom flight and Trek to Kagbeni
Exhilarating flight from Pokhara to Jomsomover small villages on backdrop of world’s most enormous mountains perceiving glimpse of sparkling snowcapped mountain peaks from close distance. Then, trek begins from Jomsom along the coast of Kali Gandaki river to Kagbeni that literally means bolt at the two river.
Day 04: Kagbeni to Muktinath
We climb steeply uphill for short duration before slightly walking upward to enjoy deserted landscape,caves, Tibetan style villages on our trek from Kagbeni toMuktinath; graceful place for both Hindu and Bouddha from where we can get vision of Thorong la valley.
Day 05: Muktinath to Thorong Top and return trek to Muktinath
We climb uphill on dry steep path to reach Thorong top for magnetic vision of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Gangapurna, Chulu east and many more. Return to Muktinath from Thorong top retracing the same route.
Day 06: Muktinath to Jomsom passing Kagbeni, Eklebhatti
We trek down to Kali Gandaki gorge and pass through Jharkot, Khinsar; popular for typical Tibetan architecture, before moving steeply down to Kagbeni. Then, we follow the trail that runs along Kali Gandaki river and passes Eklebhatti village to arrive at Jomsom.
Day 07: Jomsom to Pokhara Flight
Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara which takes thirty-five minutes.
Day 08: Pokhara to Kathmandu
Return to Kathmandu from Pokhara by tourist vehicle peeping beauty of green sceneries rice terrace fields.
Day 09: Return Flight
We drive you to airport on the basis of your scheduled flight.
: We customize itinerary as per your interest to manage your specific requirements.
The Cost Includes:
- A guide
- Necessary Porters (A porter is provided to two persons, and can carry upto 20 Kilos)
- Entry permits for Annapurna Conservation Area
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Necessary transport
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for you and our staff during the trek
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) for you and our staff during the trek
- Necessary equipment such as sleeping bag, down jacket etc.
- First aid kits for guide and porters
- Insurance and equipment for the Nepali staffs
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara at lake side
- Airport picks up services
- Airfare both ways Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara in a fixed wing aircraft.
The Cost Excludes:
- Bar bills (coca cola, mineral water etc.)
- Personal Insurance &; emergency rescue charges if necessary
- Extra porter &; transport charges in the event of landslides
- Other personal expenses, Kathmandu city entrance fee
- Personal, medical and evacuation insurance
- Laundry, cost raised by re-routing, cancellation, political disturbance etc.
- Tips and any other expenses, which are not mentioned above.
- Lunch and dinner in and Pokhara
- Meals and hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (We can arrange your hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per your interest and budget)
To enjoy your trip more you need to be comfort and breathability all day long, for that you need to put emphasis on equipment’s that are necessary. The following list includes items that are necessary which can also be hired.
- Backpack: During your trip you need to be careful to make the weight of your clothing equipment down to minimum. Your packed trek bag, should weigh no more than 15 kilograms (33 pounds.)
- Sleeping Bag: Sleeping bag rated to at least 15-degrees Fahrenheit (Optional/ Sleeping bag is provided by us if necessary)
- Duffel Bag
- Flash Light (Head lamp)
- Sun glass
- Water purifier
- Trekking boots
- Lightweight sandals
- Woolen socks (3 pairs)
While packing your clothes, you need to be careful to not to pack heavy clothes. It’s rather good to go on layers than in bulky clothes.
- Hat (For warmth)
- Lightweight long sleeve trekking shirts
- Long sleeves are good for sun protection. Light weight makes for easy wash material
- Fleece Jacket or pullover
- Underwear (4 pairs)
- Fleece or wool trouser/ Pants
- Gaiters (Optional)
- Thermal Clothing (As per the Season)
- Lightweight rain Jacket
- Warm Gloves or mittens
- Sports bra
- Sun block
- Toilet articles and towel
- Small Knife
- First-aid kit (containing all drugs prescribed to you)
- Batteries backup
Accommodation: You would be accommodated at Nagarjun homestay with facilities of hot water, western toilets, electricity, television, free WIFI during Kathmandu stay. And offered to stay at teahouses with facilities granted by teahouses during trek.
Meal: You would be offered breakfast, Nepali meal at homestay during time at Kathmandu while on trekking you would be provided Nepalese meals three times a day during trek.