Volunteer in Monastry
Description: This monastery visit package with volunteering programme offers chance for volunteers to explore Buddhist culture, religion contributing on education and personal development of novice as well as adult monks and nuns with cross-cultural experience.
Services Offered on Volunteering in Monastry:
- Teach English to monks and nuns
- Explore Tibetan refugee camp in the city
- Gain genuine experience of Buddhist culture and religion
- Practice meditation and yoga along rituals, prays and songs with monks on monastery.
- Conduct work-shops for monks and nuns
- Help to make clean environment around monastery supporting to make garden.
Fun and Recreational Activities:
- Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
- Live culture show
- Cycling tour around Kathmandu as arranged by us.
Activities and Working hours(What to do) during volunteering in Monastry:
On each five days programme first three days will be volunteering on monastery and remaining two days’ volunteers engage on refreshment activities with monks and nuns. As for working hours, class will be maximum for 3 hours that starts at 10 am. Refreshment and sport activities along fun and enjoy with locals also be managed for few hours.
18 years and above
2 - 18 (maximum)
5 - 16 (average)
2 - 6 (minimum)
Days: 3-5 Days volunteering
- Under the volunteering premises like communities’ volunteers should be bound to rules and regulations during volunteering period.
- We can consider personal things of volunteers and can have query about it unless programme is proceeded.
Accommodation: Volunteers will be provided facility to stay at Nepalese Home Stay enjoying quality time with host families. You will be served all farm products. So, food is organic on present scenario where local markets and restaurants also sell foods grown using chemical fertilizers. Organic food is cooked emphasizing on hygiene in terms of water and cooking method. Volunteers also get facilities of hot water, western toilets, electricity, television and free WIFI.
- Transportation to programme venue and programme activities
- Pick up
- Two meals a day until programme except trekking that is homestay managed breakfast and dinner
- Accommodation for programme period
- Free Visa service
- Cost of stay at Kathmandu from day of arrival to departure
- Food and beverage on welcome and farewell at homestay
- Free planned itinerary for other activities except five days volunteering
- Free culture show
- Airport drop
- Visa charge fee for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and India
- Other activities afford by us more than volunteering package as per volunteers’ interest.
- Other services afforded by us as per volunteers’ need and interest’ volunteers programme.
- Other beverages
- Medical Expenses
- $50 administration fee that covers all programmes of package
Things you shouldn’t forget
- All your mandatory documents
- Your passports with visa
- Flight tickets
- Insurance documents
- Passport size photos 4 copies
Price in $ per person